CINFU and APF are partners in the CASTWOMAN Project.
This project took place under the ERASMUS+ programme, in a consortium involving the following organizations:
- AFV – Asociación de Fundidores del País Vasco y Navarra, Spanish, as promoter;
- FFE – Fondo Formación Euskadi, Spanish;
- Inthecity Project Development;
- AHBV University (Ankara Hacı Bayram Veli University);
The project, granted by the European Commission under the Erasmus+ Program, lasted for 24 months: from October 2019 to September 2021.
The main objectives of this project were to contribute to the reduction of gender gap in the foundry industry through:
- creation of videos with female role models in their professional field;
- increase awareness among young women of non-traditional jobs such as the foundry industry;
- targeting their skills to meet the needs of the foundry industry.
Within the scope of the project, the following instruments were developed:
- Videos with inspiring stories of successful women working in various fields, with different academic degrees and training, in foundries.
- Digital toolkit to support technicians who carry out professional counseling for young students, to provide them with material so that they can provide this counseling in a beneficial way for them and to break the stereotype and facilitate the entry of women into the market of the foundry.
For more information, consult the project website: